Roundup of Guides to Google Hangouts
This post follows on from the previous one about Google+, especially as I think the Google Hangout group video chat tool is by far the best aspect of Google Plus - it feels and looks great and is easy to use, except that you have to be part of Google+ and understand how to use circles. Maybe this will change at some point, who knows. However, for now, it's my favourite way to hold a video chat, and here's my roundup of Guides to Google Hangouts:
- How to use Google+ Hangouts is a great place to start from wikiHow, which shows you how to start, join and invite people to a Hangout and use instant messaging/chat.
- Google's own Guide to Hangouts is pretty comprehensive
- How to use Google hangouts to meet with friends, from Makeuseof, is really good because it also talks about the occasional browser plug-in issue and how to resolve.
- Guide to Using Google+ Hangouts On Air, by GrowSmartBiz, focuses on using Hangout for live broadcast, connect with customers, conduct product demonstrations etc.
- Use Google+ Hangouts for Teaching, by WonderHowTo, starts by showing how to record Hangouts for later use, perhaps in educational screencasts (or an EduMOOCast), and using Hangout as a helpline.
- How to use Google+ hangouts for your business, posted on the Raven blog, is a really nice guide to using Hangout to build community and talk one to one with customers.
- Google+ Hangouts On Air: What Marketers Need to Know (SocialMediaExaminer) focuses on marketing, unsurprisingly. Nice, clear guide.