- 7am rise, toast and coffee if desired
- Walk, read and talk on deck
- 8.30 communal big breakfast
- After breakfast, read, typewrite, walk or quoits
- 11.00 beef broth and crackers on deck
- Two hours to include exercise
- 1.00 Tiffin (lunch)
- Drowsy until...
- 3.00 Delegation meeting
- 4.00 tea and cookies
- 5.00 walk the deck and talk
- 7.00 Dinner and conversation
- 8.30 onwards freetime and sleep
Sounds like a very full day, although Carl calls it "a very lazy life" giving some insight into his driven work ethic. I feel quite uncomfortable with some of Carl's cultural attitudes - today about the "typical Japanese 'boys'" - even while understanding that they are of their time.
Another couple of days on board until Honolulu and the weather is becoming uncomfortably warm.